Monday, March 27, 2006

Words of Theodore Roosevelt

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

β€” Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

I think that somebody needs to email this to Bill O'Reilly. I will, but I need to create another email account first just for emailing him, since I have been blocked. I remember his "Most Ridiculous Item of the Day" segment where he blasted Jessica Simpson for not wanting to meet with the President since she didn't agree with him, I believe he said that it was disrespectful and anti-American. As Theodore Roosevelt said, it is not wrong to criticize the President, and actually is unpatriotic not to do so when the President is in the wrong, as he often times is.

I actually found this quote in an editorial on The University Star's website, called "Right-wing venom reaches dangerous level". You can read it at: http://star.txstate.edu/main/article.php?aid=908

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home